To reiterate, this is Cariad #12 Report. At the end of the project reports can be stitched together to provide a complete record of all restoration phases in book form. Paul, in reading, this is only broad brush on what was discussed and agreed.
Paul Spooner attended on site from 1530 hours 27th May to 1545 hours 27th May 2022. His visit was like a gentle Tsunami, meaning it was full-on-think-tanking throughout. He stepped outside his brief and was a tremendous help in finalising some critical decisions vis-à-vis…
- Whether to keep the old iron work or crop and renew.
- Establishing the best method to repair/rebuild the stern post area.
- Practical suggestions about trimming the new stem for a finer entry.
- Weight saving in the engine room
- The possibility of installing internal lead ingots to improve the vessel ballast ratio.